- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The Bases on Which We Process Information About You
- The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Information We Process Because We Have a Contractural Obligation With You
- When you buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
- In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
- We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
- We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
- Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
- We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information We Process With Your Consent
- Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
- Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
- If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
- We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Information We Process for the Purposes of Legitimate Interests
- We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
- Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
- For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information We Process Because We Have a Legal Obligation
- We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
Information Provided on the Understanding That It Will be Shared With a Third Party
- Our Facebook page allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.26. Examples include:
- posting a comment on our Facebook page
- tagging an image
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
- In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
- We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
- We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
- Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
- Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at email@example.com
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
- Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
- Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- Necessary Cookies (these are required for the website to function correctly):
- to record whether you have seen specific content we display on our website;
- to store your preferences for embedded media players such as Vimeo;
- to store access tokens for mapping API providers such as Google Maps and Mapbox;
- to enable social sharing functions such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Cookies you can choose to opt-in when you first visit the website and opt-out of at any time:
- to track how you use our website;
- to track advertising conversions from social media platforms and to remarket qualified leads;
Personal Identifiers from Your Browsing Activity
- Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.41. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
42. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
43. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not using our website.
Our Use of Re-marketing
Third Party Advertising on Our Website
48. We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
- This Website contains hypertext links. Shetland Flyer Aerial Media are not responsible for the privacy policies operated by the owners of those sites and does not accept responsibility for any information obtained by third parties as a result of use by you of such hypertext links.
Social Media Integration
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.51. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
52. This website uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
How You Can Complain
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Retention Period for Personal Data
- Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance With the Law
We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the Website and all information provided on or through it is accurate. However, aeronauts assumes no responsibility for information contained on this Website and disclaims all liability in respect of such information.
We shall not be held liable for any losses you suffer, including any indirect or consequential loss, including but not limited to loss of business or profits or any other financial loss arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Site.
aeronauts are not responsible for the content of any websites directly or indirectly linked to or linked from any pages on this Website. If you consider any linked pages to be inappropriate, illegal or offensive please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org